The help of an emotionally attuned and clinically trained therapist is invaluable. We all have places where we feel stuck, and those places can be the hardest to understand and resolve on our own. I’ve learned from my experience that it helps to receive caring and curious attention from another toward exactly those places. A safe counseling relationship allows the courage to feel forbidden, uncomfortable feelings and find the understanding needed to be confident and open again. Turning toward difficult experiences and feelings can actually lead us to naturally positive moods, self-acceptance, and availability for satisfying connections with others.
I believe it’s a natural human impulse to look to others for support. But sometimes, reaching out is difficult. Maybe we’ve learned to mask our need for help because it seems too vulnerable, or maybe we’re used to supporting others and tell ourselves that needing help is a weakness. Our inborn motivation to seek support, after so many disappointments, is almost a secret from ourselves. Yet, you’re reading this because part of you wants support through this difficult time.
Imagine that you can:
- Manage stress and anxiety for a more relaxed life
- Work through depression, feelings of emptiness, and a lack of fulfillment for increased joy and meaning in life
- Find a supportive resolution of trauma and/or childhood abuse and neglect
- Allow the natural healing from grief and loss
- Find clarity around sexuality and intimacy, orientation and identity
- Forgive yourself and others
- Increase healthy self-esteem & overcome excessive shyness
- Have more connection and better communication in intimate relationships
- Have support and guidance in general personal and spiritual growth
I hold a California Marriage and Family Therapy license, MFC 50229
Jacob Art, MFT 459 Fulton St. #107 San Francisco, CA 94102 415-255-2558
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-25798314-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);